Friday, Jan. 24, 2020
* Curry County is seeking citizens to serve on its Revenue Task Force, with a focus on exploring options for addressing declining revenues in the face of increasing costs. Those sought include small business owners (especially in the food service and/or tourism industry), retirees, and both full- and part-time employees. Apply via the county’s website.
* The next Take A Bite Out Of Blight cleanup is scheduled for Saturday starting at 8:30 a.m. at Old Mill Road and Northcrest Drive in Crescent City.
* Gary Milliman has been selected to a third term as chairman of the Southwest Area Commission on Transportation. Members of the commission make recommendations to the Oregon Transportation Commission and the Oregon Department of Transportation on policy matters and project funding.
In sports news:
* The 2020 Warrior Superfan will be named tonight in Thunen Gymnasium, when the Del Norte High boys basketball team plays host to Eureka starting at 7:30 p.m. Past winners include Aaron Finley, Mike Horner, Tony Luis and others.
* Del Norte High’s girls basketball team bounced back big time Thursday night, traveling to Eureka and pounding the Loggers 60-39. Jadance Clifton scored 29. The Warriors are now 2-3 in Big Five Conference platy, 11-8 overall.
* Brookings-Harbor High’s basketball teams travel to Medford for Far West League battles against St. Mary’s High tonight. Boys action starts at 5:30 p.m., with the girls game to follow.