* Stagelights presents the 2018 Day of Drums Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Harbor Grange on Shopping Center Avenue in Brookings. Participants will learn about Latin and Native American hand drums, and a drum circle and a barbecue lunch. Cost is $15 for adults, $5 for kids.
* Music from the south of Spain and north Africa will be on display Saturday at D-N-A-C-A presents the ensemble “Seffarine” at Crescent Elk Middle School. The show begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at Del Note Office Supply and Wright’s Framing in Brookings.
- The annual Holiday Artisan Fair, sponsored by Soroptimist International of Crescent City, is slated for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Veterans Memorial Hall in Crescent City. Admission is free.
- The Yurok Election Board took formal action Wednesday on the run-off election held November 7, 2018 and issued formal certification of the run-off for all districts. The installation of Frankie Joe Myers and Sherri Provolt will be held on November 27, 2018 at 11 a.m. at the Yurok Tribal Office in Klamath.
- The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department invites people to play for free November 23 in celebration of “Green Friday.” The agency will waive day-use parking fees in 25 state parks the day after Thanksgiving. Parking is free year-round at almost all state parks, the waiver applies to the 25 parks that charge $5 daily for parking. The waiver applies from open to close on November 23, except at Shore Acres State Park, where it expires at 3 p.m. for the Holiday Lights event that runs Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve. A list of parks that require day-use parking permits is available online. For more information about state parks, visit oregonstateparks.org.
- The 24th Annual Festival of the Trees, sponsored by Crescent City Emblem Club #175 is being held Friday, November 16th from 4-7 p.m. and Saturday, November 17 starting at 9:30 a.m. The public can purchase tickets at Del Norte Office Supply, Cutting Loose Salon or at the door for a chance to take home the tree of their choice. Saturday there will be entertainment and a $15 per person luncheon served at noon. Proceeds to go local charities, Wounded Warriors and scholarships. For more information call Linda Buzzini at 707-954-4241.