Wednesday, July 17, 2019
* The Crescent City/Del Norte County Chamber of Commerce is seeking volunteers for its welcome center. Volunteers spend a few hours each week meeting with travelers from around the region and the world, telling them about Del Norte County. For more information, contact Michelle Radison at the chamber, 464-3174.
* The Del Note County Treasury Oversight Committee meets at 3 p.m. today to review county investments. The public is invited. The meeting will be in the executive session room of the Flynn Center on H Street in Crescent City.
* More than $4,000 will be awarded to exhibitors who enter their best projects in the Curry County Fair. Entry day for exhibits is Monday, static judging is on Tuesday, which is also livestock entry day. The fair runs July 24-27. Call the fair at (541) 247-4541.
* Today’s meeting of the Del Norte Republican Central Committee is slated for 6 p.m. in the G-O-P headquarters on I Street in Crescent City.
In sports news:
* Del Norte Warrior Youth Football and Cheer will hold registration today from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Hambro Forest Products on Elk Valley Road. Coaches interviews are scheduled for Thursday.